Congratulations! The number of users for my developed Chrome extension:Yahoo Dictionary (The Chinese name is “Yahoo字典查詢器“) has been over 540 users. The next version 0.3 will have some important features:
- Store the searched word to construct user’s learning records.
- Customize user preferences.
In order to develop these significant features, the main question is that how to store user’s records. The answer is use Chrome Storage.
Fortunately, I have collected some useful materials as the followings:
- Write a simple Google Chrome extension. (There is one simple example about Chrome localStorage)
- How to build a Chrome extension, Part 2: Options and localStorage
- Google Chrome Extensions: Chrome Storage
- Google Chrome: Managing HTML5 Offline Storage
- Google Chrome Extensions: Manifest Format. (See “unlimitedStorage” )